The baby is one month old. She is bottle fed with mostly breast milk.
We feed on demand and keep a log. While the timing is somewhat predictable - every 1.5 to 2 hours during the day and 3-4 hours during night, we discovered she would ask for bottle even when she is full - so she will just suck and then spits out the milk. She will not sleep without being offered a bottle. One example is
- Feed her 60 mL, finished all. Burp and she asked for more.
- Feed her 30 mL, finished all. Burp and she asked for more.
- Feed her 30 mL, finished 20 mLs and pushed the bottle away. Burp and spit out some milk, she asked for more anyways.
So we conclude that she is already full, and only ask for more because she want to suck something to sleep. She went on to stress mode. We took turns holding her and eventually, she fell asleep to roughly the next expected feed time.
My wife is concerned about
- She is being overfed - instead of feed to full, we are essentially doing feed to sleep. She is taking in about 800 to 950 mLs per day, at 8 pounds which seems high compared to other reference.
- She is forming a "feed to sleep" sleep association. I personally disagree a sleep association can be formed for a 1 month old but \_(ツ)_/.