My wife wants a 4th baby, but I don't.
We have been talking about it for the last few days (talking strongly).
I have raised points such as:
- We will get less time to spend with our current kids.
- The age gap between the first and the last will be too wide.
- It will cost more money.
- She will be out of work longer.
- We will need a bigger house. And we don't even have our own house yet (we are still renting).
- We will have to start again. Sleepless nights, nappies, feeding, new cot, car seat, etc etc.
- She feels like she is missing something.
- She has always wanted a large family.
- Things will be the same regardless of having 3, or 4 kids.
- She agrees that money will be tighter, but wants to push through it.
Our current kids are 9 months, 2 years, and 4 years. We are young married couple (25), and I have a fairly decent job.
What would be the pros and cons of having another child?
How can we rationally talk to the other about having/or not having another child?
And what should we do if we cannot agree?
(sorry I don't really know what to tag this).