My girlfriend and I have been together for 5 1/2 years and love one another very much. My girlfriend wants to get married, and decide whether to have kids until right when we're ready for them (expect that'll be in ~3 years); I want to agree before marriage to have kids. Besides this we're ready for marriage, and we're really stuck on this.
My perspective is that I don't want to be 3 years into marriage and realize then that one of us is ready to have kids and the other has decided that they don't want kids at all.
My girlfriend's perspective is that our circumstances might change, and she doesn't want to agree now to something that we will be doing several years for now. We have been together long enough that we don't want to put off any longer the question of whether to get married.
Does anyone have any advice on how we can resolve this?