We currently have a 3-year-old daughter and twin 2-year-old boys. We are both 32 years old and have decent jobs.
I have many reservations on having another child, but my wife does not seem to want to listen to the reasons I have these reservations, she only says she doesn't feel like she is done yet.
Some of my concerns are as follows:
- Cost of Daycare (already pay $23,000/year)
- New house we built last year would not be big enough.
- Need different vehicles to fit 4 kids
- When they are older we will have to choose who's events we can go to and who to disappoint
- Cost of school when they are older
- Not having enough time with each of the kids to make them feel special
- Not having any adult time
- Very hard to find baby sitter for 3 under three, it would be worse for 4.
- My personal sanity (I have 2 jobs and no time to myself already)
- Strain on our relationship (feel like roommates sometime instead of husband/wife)
I could add quite a few more but I think you get the idea.
Please any advise will be appreciated.