This little boy just won't stay put and rolls over onto his tummy within seconds of being laid down. I'm sure you understand the consequences of this when I've just opened up a nice juicy poopy diaper but haven't quite pulled it away yet.
Things I've tried:
- offering a toy I know he loves.
- Offering a new toy that is amazing and special just for diaper time.
- Using a projection mobile that engages him at other times.
- Making noises and goofy faces to distract him.
- The "safety belt" which really just means the mat moves with him.
- Simply pinning his hips down with my elbow and holding his legs up with the arm attached to that elbow while removing the diaper with the other arm/hand.
That last one is the working method at this point, but it seems - I don't know, physically harsh. I'm has gentle as I can be, really providing a block more than putting any pressure on him, but I wondered if there were any methods out there I am missing.
Also, just to be clear, he isn't in danger of rolling off the table as there is a lip on the table and he is sandwiched between myself and a wall.
Thankfully, I know this too will pass.