Parenting Stack Exchange is for parents, grandparents, nannies and others who care for children.
We welcome questions on topics like these:
- matters of upbringing,
- safety considerations,
- food and feeding,
- health and hygiene,
- development and growth,
- language development,
- behavior and social skills,
- discipline and punishment,
- childrens'/family games for developmental purposes or parental sanity.
Some subjects might be on-topic here but you can get better response on our sister sites,
- Scientific questions about child psychology (see the developmental-psychology tag on Psychology & Neuroscience SE)
- sports and fitness (see fitness.SE),
- computer games, educational software, other IT questions (see superuser),
- family finances (see money.SE).
And some subjects are considered off-topic because they're not directly related to parenting,
- specific medical issues (we're not doctors!),
- legal issues (too localized),
- shopping recommendations (too localized, and not timeless),
- generic and universal questions that are lazily worded "... for kids".
Please note that opinions shared here should be backed up either with a reference, or experiences that happened to you personally. Also, posts that primarily exist to push a specific agenda (propaganda), and soap-boxing, are not welcome.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Parenting Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"