For questions that pertain to activities we do with our children, or that our children do.
The "activities" tag is for things our children do, and things we do with our children, such as: firearms and martial arts training, art classes, cooking, swimming, gardening, and so on. Often, asking on an activity-specific forum doesn't get our question in front of other parents who understand the specific ins and outs of engaging children in a particular activity.
Questions that should be tagged "activities"
- How old should my daughter be before I teach her to swim?
- My 4yo son really wants to learn to cook; what should I do to make the kitchen safe for him to work in?
- When backpacking with young children, how do you prepare them with regard to survival skills and first aid?
- What can I do to help prepare my child with SID (sensory integration disorder) for horseback riding with the family
Questions that should NOT be tagged "activities"
- How can I help my son improve his grades?
- What can I do to help a picky eater get balanced nutrition?
- Why aren't my triplets getting along?
- How can I encourage my children and my step-children to play together more?