To keep this short sweet and simple... I have a 8 year old who has been diagnosed with ADHD and has been on all the typical medications. I will admit they do help significantly but I still see things with his mental maturity that concern me. Here is a brief list of things that make me feel like he needs further assistance. I feel like his mentality is that of a 3 year old on a lot of areas.
Concerning behavior of my 8yr old:
- Still wetting the bed at night (tried hormones, spoke to doctor says normal)
- Lies frequently
- Take zero responsibility, makes excuses for everything, back talking 100%
- Still extremely Clumsy
- Never cleans his mouth so its always dirty
- Plays in shower but rarely washes
- Doesn't wipe his butt after using the pooper
- Can't be given any responsibility or he fails at even the most simplest tasks
- Doesn't listen to ANYTHING
Jeez, after reading the list is sounds just like a normal kid almost. I guess I can't really express how bad it really is though through this post.
Any thoughts, or ideas would be great he is a constant sore spot for me and my wife's relationship. I find the only thing he responds to is physical punishment, but I have been banned from such punishment by the wife so its all time outs and groundings which don't do crap.