My wife is 33w 5 days pregnent as per LMP. All her USG done till far except the last one which was done couple of days backed the USG fetal age was 1 week ahead of LMP. The last USG she wen't through showed the fetal age to be 2 weeks behind the LMP. Our doctor mentioned that this is not a good sign as this is indicating that the baby is not growing properly. So he was suggesting an early delivery within 37-38 wk. As far as I have researched I found that
- USG dating is more reliable in early pregnency when the proportional growth of all babies are consistent.
- At later pregency the USG dating is +- 2 weeks.
- Baby growth at later pregnency is not uniform.
So my question is
- Is it really a concern if USG fetal age is 2 weeks behind LMP fetal age?
- Is it enough reason to go for early delivery?
- Can the USG dating be wrong considering a 3 weeks prior scan showed the USG age to be 1 week ahead of LMP age.
- The weight of baby was estimated to be 1.7033 kg. Is it normal for 33 wk?
We are really worried and concerned. Even the doctor we are visiting is the best Gynacologist in our city.